Breaking news updates December 17, 2021: Get latest news, breaking news, latest updates, live news, top headlines, breaking business news and top news of the hour.
Updated on Dec 17, 2021 06:20 AM IST
Welcome to hindustantimes.com live updates platform where you can find breaking news from India and across the world. Find fast updates about the latest news as it breaks.
Follow all the updates here:
Dec 17, 2021 06:19 AM IST
Punjab polls: Amarinder Singh likely to meet senior BJP leaders in Delhi today
Former Punjab chief minister Captain Amarinder Singh is likely to meet senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders in New Delhi on Friday to discuss a possible seat-sharing arrangement for the upcoming assembly elections in the northern state, news agency PTI reported. Read more
Dec 17, 2021 06:09 AM IST
Moderna Covid-19 vaccine carries slight risk of non-serious heart problems: Study
A recent study published in the BMJ medical journal confirms that Moderna’s vaccine against the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) carries a slight risk of usually non-serious heart problems. The study was done on the entire population of Denmark.
Thank you for subscribing to our daily newsletter.
During his day-long visit to Uttar Pradesh, home minister Shah will also attend a “Nishad Samaj Jan Sabha” today; the event is scheduled between 2pm and 3pm – shortly after the rally.
Published on Dec 17, 2021 06:14 AM IST
Written by Joydeep Bose | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
The theme of the mayors’ conference is ‘New Urban India’. In a tweet, PM Modi said that the aim of the conference is to “share best practices in civic administration for the benefit of our citizens”.
Published on Dec 17, 2021 05:59 AM IST
Uttar Pradesh is a politically crucial state and the BJP has started preparations for assembly polls months in advance. PM Modi and other senior leaders are campaigning in the state to ensure that the party returns to power next year.
Published on Dec 17, 2021 05:36 AM IST
An earthquake of magnitude 4.2 occurred around 1:43 am at 56km SE of Champhai, Mizoram: National Center for Seismology
Published on Dec 17, 2021 04:57 AM IST
ANI | , Champhai, Mizoram
- According to official data, public sector oil marketing companies (OMCs) have neither raised nor reduced petrol and diesel rates in last one-and-a-half months even as international oil prices remained volatile
Published on Dec 17, 2021 04:38 AM IST
, Hindustan Times, New DelhiRajeev Jayaswal
- According to the company, the Centre has placed an order of 10 million vaccine doses, at ₹265 per dose
Updated on Dec 17, 2021 04:31 AM IST
Community members from Western Uttar Pradesh, particularly from Hathras and Aligarh participated in the agitation. The community members who spoke to HT, clarified that they aimed to continue their agitation until the state government of UP assured them of an appointment with the CM.
Updated on Dec 17, 2021 02:22 AM IST
- The committee, headed by Congress leader Anand Sharma, said it had suggested the government should draw up a national plan under National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) Act, 2005 and Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897 for quick response to such a crisis.
Published on Dec 17, 2021 02:10 AM IST
, Hindustan Times, New DelhiMalavika P.M
- The report carries several suggestions that in effect give the government a wider berth on obligations and private companies a stricter guardrail to follow, as reported by HT on November 23, while also suggesting new mechanisms to regulate social media companies.
Published on Dec 17, 2021 01:56 AM IST
, Hindustan Times, New DelhiDeeksha Bhardwaj
- Martyrs of the 1971 war were remembered in a memorial service in Kolkata
Published on Dec 17, 2021 01:35 AM IST
Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan announced that an institution or a building will be named after the IAF officer in consultation with his family.
Published on Dec 17, 2021 01:33 AM IST
- The 1971 war, which ended with the liberation of Bangladesh, gave India a new generation of heroes
Updated on Dec 17, 2021 01:35 AM IST
- SC directed the demolition of nearly 1,200 slum units in Gujarat and Haryana
Updated on Dec 17, 2021 04:32 AM IST
, New DelhiAbraham Thomas