- Breaking news Updates November 19, 2021: Get latest news, breaking news, latest updates, live news, top headlines, breaking business news and top news of the hour.
Updated on Nov 19, 2021 06:03 AM IST
Welcome to hindustantimes.com live updates platform where you can find breaking news from India and across the world. Find fast updates about the latest news as it breaks.
Missed an important news update? Worried about what is happening in the world of finance and how it will impact you? Want to know about the latest update on Covid-19? Don’t worry, we have you covered.
Follow all the updates here:
Thank you for subscribing to our daily newsletter.
- The three-day-long ‘Rashtra Raksha Samarpan Parv’ is being held in Jhansi as a part of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahaotsav’ celebrations.
Published on Nov 19, 2021 05:58 AM IST
Lunar eclipse 2021: People living in Northeast India will be able to see the eclipse, which will last for over three hours. In Uttar Pradesh, Bengal and Jharkhand too the phenomenon will be visible briefly.
Published on Nov 19, 2021 05:39 AM IST
- Party veteran AK Antony continues to head the panel while Ambika Soni, Tariq Anwar, JP Agarwal and G Parameswar are its other members.
Published on Nov 19, 2021 04:33 AM IST
- The court was considering an application filed by a Gujarat-based lawyer Amit Panchal against an October 29 notification by the Gujarat Health and Family Welfare department requiring beneficiaries to move a representation before a committee that will issue documents certifying Covid-19 deaths.
Published on Nov 19, 2021 04:20 AM IST
, Hindustan Times, New DelhiAbraham Thomas
- In March, the Ranthambore administration started a search for at least four tigers missing for a year, but to no avail.
Updated on Nov 19, 2021 05:19 AM IST
- The petitioners’ counsel, however, asserted that citizens have the right to choose their partner and faith; and the conversion took place out of free will.
Updated on Nov 19, 2021 05:18 AM IST
, Hindustan Times, PrayagrajJItendra Sarin
NEW DELHI: The Supreme Court on Friday dismissed a petition to provide an online option for students of class 10 and class 12 appearing for the term one board examination conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and Council for Indian School Certificate (CISCE)
Published on Nov 19, 2021 01:07 AM IST
TN panel chairperson Saraswathi Rangaswamy, along with three members, questioned 13 witnesses. They included the teen’s parents and classmates.
Published on Nov 19, 2021 12:45 AM IST
For the first time after taking over as the first chief minister of Telangana seven years ago, KCR sat on a dharna at Indira Park along with his party functionaries including MLAs and MPs, demanding that the Centre procure entire paddy produced in the state this Kharif season.
Published on Nov 19, 2021 12:43 AM IST
The DMK government’s announcement on Wednesday on Pongal gift hampers for the family ration card holders, scrapping the cash gift has disappointed the poor during pandemic times, AIADMK coordinator O Panneerselvam claimed.
Published on Nov 19, 2021 12:42 AM IST
He said in his letter, handed over to a British diplomat during a consular access meeting at Delhi’s Tihar jail on November 9, that his hunger strike will continue till the UK government announces its intention to apply the “Magnitsky” sanctions regime against those involved in the “abduction” of Princess Latifa of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in international waters off the coast of India on March 4, 2018.
Published on Nov 19, 2021 12:41 AM IST
This is the first time shutters of Idukki arch dam were opened thrice a year since it was built in 1973. Similarly Tamil Nadu opened shutters of the 126-year-old Mullaperiyar dam second time this year.
Published on Nov 19, 2021 12:41 AM IST
Chennai and 15 other districts in Tamil Nadu are on red alert until Friday with schools and offices closed. Heavy rains lashed districts of Chennai, Villupuram, Thiruvanamalai, Salem, Kallakurichi and Chengalpattu but the damage was not as severe as it was during the last week’s rains.
Published on Nov 19, 2021 12:40 AM IST